Saturday, November 7, 2009

Traffic Jams are Ok!

Last night while driving home from Lori's Frames, Fibers & Frills, my LYS, I came to a screeching halt. This two lane portion of westbound 8 was blocked by what I'd later find out from a radio report was a roll of carpet blocking two lanes.

So while people sat idle in their cars, grumbling, yelling out their windows, overheating with frustration, I just turned on the overhead light and pulled out my knitting. For 40 minutes my needles clicked away on the Meandering Vines Shawl while workers removed debris and three tow trucks towed some unfortunate cars away that apparently hit the carpet.

Traffic Jam Knitting in the dark Knitting in the Driver's Seat

I am knitting this shawl with Zauberball sock yarn in the cranberry colorway.

This morning I looked my work over and am happy to report, not one dropped stitch and no corrections needed.

Meandering Vines Shawl

Knitters have such great coping skills!

No comments: