Sunday, May 27, 2007

Couch Mileage

My husband had informed me earlier in the week that today is the 91st running of the Indy 500 and following that race is the Coca Cola 600. That means a full 1100 miles will be put on the couch today alone!

That also means that I have a full 1100 miles of uninterrupted knitting time for ME! Okay....uninterrupted is not exactly going to hold because I'm in charge of "Pit Stops", as I AM the PIT CREW for team Husband, the unchallenged champion spectator of race day Sunday.........meaning that when he comes into the Pit area, I'll have to be ready to drop the knitting for refueling (snack runs) and change out the tires (fluff the cushions and pillows so he won't throw a rod)

Combine that with the Encore channel's running of a "Jawsathon" (all four Jaws movies running back to back) on Monday, if I were a betting woman, I'd say that we will be shopping for a new couch by Tuesday!

For Race Day Sunday I have started the Two-Toned Ribbed Shrug from Stefanie Japel's "Fitted Knits" book. I am using a Schaefer Yarn for the MC in "Jane Addams" colorway and it will be trimmed in Cascade 220. These colors are perfect for my youngest daughter Janeva who is the intended recipient for this project. I don't usually knit with variegated colored yarn but I'm already loving the yarn and the look it is giving so far.


Two Toned Shrug

No comments: