Monday, October 15, 2007

Back to Me........

In the last few months I have had some computer issues, work issues, knitting issues, kid issues, back to school issues, and Australian to American, Man to Woman translation issues.........so I have finally realized......I HAVE ISSUES!! So to recap........

So much stuff has happened since the 4th of July. At the end of July, Grant and I took my mom to the Hannity Freedom Concert. Grant and I had gone last year and we were amazed at the crowd and the vibe there. We both knew my mom would be thrilled if the concert was half as good as last year. Grant was able to get tickets; stage center, 8 rows from the front. That concert was a blast!!! All for a great cause, to raise money for the families of fallen soldiers and to ensure their children will be able to go to college. A lot of American Pride, Flag Waving and giving thanks that we as a crowd could praise God and not be told that it was politically incorrect to do so. This event really deserves it's own blog post complete with pictures. I will tell all about that evening in an upcoming installment.

Shortly after the concert my mom needed to get back to Nebraska because her sister was failing. So Grant drove my mom to New Mexico on a 14.50 hour adventure which at one point nearly got Grant deported!! He drove through an Arizona Border Patrol station. As the border patrol agent started to wave Grant and my mom through, Grant asked why the flag there was flying at half mast (because seriously, when DOESN'T Grant ask a question or offer comment??). Recognizing that Grant's accent didn't sound "Southern California" but rather from somewhere farther South, he was asked for his license and Greencard. Problem was that Grant didn't have his Greencard with him. So he got grilled by a cranky border patrol agent who threatened to detain him then tried to roust my mother for transporting an "undocumented alien" cross state lines.

Okay, right here should have most American's rolling on the floor laughing out loud with tears running down their cheeks given the current political climate. We have hundreds of thousands, and most likely millions (depending on whether you are a Democrat or Republican stating the statistics) of undocumented Mexicans and "Other than Mexicans" (OTMs) running over our borders to "do the jobs American's won't do" and plenty of times to "do the crimes most American's won't do" as well. As a wife of an Australian Immigrant, I have PLENTY to say about this Country's dysfunctional immigration policy..........But I digress......

Long story short.....finally they got waved through and Grant and my mom got to enjoy the rest of there journey without incident.

Next, Jillian and Janeva start back to school. I'm thrilled with how this year is going for both girls and their mid semester report cards are FABULOUS!!! I'm really proud of both of them. Both girls are working toward a major milestone....Jillian is working toward graduating from High School next June and Janeva will be graduating from Middle School the day after Jillian. So I'm already planning their celebrations!

Grant and I have some really BIG news.....but he has sworn me to secrecy till sometime next Spring. For our Australian Family, that would be about April/May of 2008. OH......and let me just take this right off the table now....I'M NOT HAVING A BABY, so ya'll just calm down already!!! I can assure you, the news is BIG and we are really excited about it, and the fact that I have to keep a secret that long is going to test me greatly.

So....I'm back, I now have full function within this blogging program and look forward to learning all I can to bring more links and news. I've got lots of knitting projects in the works and am looking forward to showing those off soon.

Lyn, keep reading......you'll be able to see some things that will be coming your way!! 8-)
Olga, now that I have a gauge and the sizing down a bit better, you should be seeing something posted in a little over a week!!
Nancy, the weather is getting cooler and so I'll be stepping it up on your cable knit sweater as well.

OH...and this update is for Michael. The red scarf I was working on while visiting you is in about the same state as when I left Australia. I have told Grant that I think it will take a round trip to Australia to get this scarf done! I think the scarf is going to be stunning....but it is a total bore to work on and it puts me to sleep after only a few rows!!!

More to come........

2 comments:

pegandmichael said...

Remember if you get the call to evacuate, you are welcome here! You have our numbers, right?

Lyn said...

I will keep reading....with interest...