Monday, October 20, 2008

Traveling Knitter - Day Two

Well......I didn't sleep that well last night.....guess the new surroundings, the big fluffy white bed, and all this quiet space to call my own was just too much for me to be able to relax. Morning came fast enough though. I finally gave up and just got out of bed at 5:30 to get ready for the complimentary breakfast (little things like that excite me).

I left my room with the best view from the top floor to head down to the lobby where a dinning room off the main hall was suppose to set for breakfast. I got to the elevator where I found a sign was posted over the buttons that simply said "Elevator is out of order, please take the stairs at the end of the hallway. Sorry for the inconvenience."

So I stood there and pushed the elevator buttons. You know what? The elevator was really broken. So I ended up taking the stairs. No biggy. Problem is, I think I ate more than I normally would have because the damn elevator was broken!! Eating more was really just a delay tactic hoping against all odds that the elevator would be repaired.....at 6:00am. I end up taking the stairs back up to the room to get ready for the training class. 40 minutes after I got back into the room I was walking back down the stairs and heading out for the day.

My smelly rental car had trouble starting this morning. It was a cool foggy morning and the car wasn't turning over. The car made sounds like it had climbed up and down stairs all morning but I dominated and with my foot firmly pressing the gas into the floor, it started and I was off to a running start.

The class went well and I was able to keep up with class. The training facility had lunch brought in.....(great, more complimentary food). I was fine up till lunch time, but after lunch I was struggling to stay awake. The Italian food that was brought in was great and very filling. I was badly in need of a nap after a hearty lunch. I took comfort noticing that EVERYONE else in the class was leaning back in their chairs or leaning a little more heavily on their desks.

After the class, I headed back to the hotel....walked right past the gym and giggled when I saw the elevator was once again operational. I got "home" and kicked off my shoes and have settled in for the night. I brought food in from Chili's and now just too full to move, let alone discuss.

OH...since this is a knitter's blog, I think I'll post some pics of a couple of newly finished knit projects. This is a Winterberry Hat that Hannah absolutely loved. When I get home I'll try to take better pictures of it because it really is cute. This is the first project that I got to embellish with french knots, lazy daizy stitch and duplicate stitches. (I'm really hooked on duplicate stitch now!)

Winterberry hat, crown Winterberry Hat

Here is a pic of Janeva in her Rusted Root top that I finished last week. She is such a joy to knit for because she is so excited to not only get a new top, but to model it for me too.

Janeva's Rusted Root

One more day of training and then I'm back home where I'll be a little more appreciative of the noisey chit chat of my daughters and knitting clutter next to my bed and my snoring Australian next to me trying to wrestle some covers away while I sleep soundly again.

No comments: