Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wardrobe Malfunction

Today was the last work day of the week for me so typically it is the more "casual" day for apparel. The day started out pretty normal, I woke up around 4am, moved around the house slowly and in the end of the week fog that always seems a little thicker at the end of the week. I remember getting dressed in my jeans and sweater, then slipping my house slippers on an puttering around the house.

I toasted a bagel, took the dry towels out of the dryer, put the finished load of laundry in the washer into the dryer, watched a little bit of the early morning news program while ate my bagel and had a glass of juice. At some point, I must have realized it was time to get moving and head to work....so I packed a lunch, grabbed my knitting bag, a couple of books and some work papers and made my way to the front door before realizing that I needed to say goodbye to Grant. I put everything down, quietly made my way to the bedroom, whispered good bye with a little peck on the head. Turned around and made my way out of the bedroom, trying to make sure not to bump the bed and knock him into a full wide awake status. At the front door, I picked up my lunch, my knitting bag, grabbed my keys and then quietly exited the house. Loaded everything into the car before realizing I had to go back into house to get my cell phone......went back into the house, grabbed the phone, then went back to the car.

Once in the car I made sure I had my wallet (it was in the bottom of the knit bag) found out that the TV remote must have fallen into the knit bag so I had to return THAT to the house. Another "back and forth" then resumed my " pre commute check list".....got the wallet, the ID badge, my lunch, my knit project to work on at lunch, a pack of gum, the cell phone, key is in the ignition........"Houston - We are Go for Ignition Start Up!"

I don't remember the actual drive into work, it was uneventful and frankly at 5:30am I'm pretty much on autopilot.

Now I'm in the employee parking lot, getting all my stuff ready to take into my office. I walk to the building, get all the way into the building when I sense something is just a little "off". I look down and then, "OMG!" I realize that I STILL have my slippers on!!!

031308_0634a.jpg 031308_0635a.jpg

Working with the bunch of guys I work with....it will be a little while before I live this down.

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

HAHAHAHA That's amazing. I've almost walked out without undergarments but I always seem to catch myself but slippers...bravo! I think that's the sign you should just turning around and go home for a nice long weekend.

KnitsAtTrafficLights said...

I found that my day just dragged on and on....my feet were well into the weekend while the rest of me had to stay at work!! At least my co-workers got a good laugh.

Anonymous said...

I am always so worried I will do that, as I generally wear my slippers in the morning. Luckily I've only gotten to the car before I realized it...luckily it's so cold & snow on the groud so I would notice it :)

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

Ha ha.. one time a co-worker wore two different shoes to work!

I have a bench in my entry-way, and on that bench, I put my: coat, purse or backpack, my teacher bag, my lunch (which I usually stash in my teacher bag), and anything else that I need to take to work with me.

A couple of days ago, I had finally made a home-made spinach quiche and I hadn't had that in a long time-- I took the last 1/2 of the quiche to work- so, I could have it for lunch for a couple of days..

Imagine my 'oh no' when I got the following morning (yes, 24 hours later) I found my quiche still on the bench, still in it's plastic bag.. waiting for me to take it to work.. of course, by now.. it is totally unsafe to eat. Sigh..

I'm just happy that I do make it to work and they should be happy that I make it to work on somedays. :D

Anonymous said...

When you start wearing your bathrobe to work we're going to have you committed!!! Guess Who!?!?

KnitsAtTrafficLights said...

OMGosh!! iwouldratherbeknitting, Finding your lunch sitting at the front door when you walk in at the end of the day has to be one of the worst!!!

I feel lucky I just got caught with my slippers. ;)