Monday, February 18, 2008

Daytona 500 - The Race Day

Well, as expected, Grant was ready for the race, including his coordinated wardrobe. He wore a NASCAR T-shirt, although it was covered by the Leather NASCAR jacket which he wore INSIDE the house during the race. He had his Pepsi and AMP Energy Drink, the two main sponsors for the team he was rooting for......apparently.

If you think I'm making this stuff up.....I have photographic evidence.......

Team Husband with Team sponsors High Tech NASCAR viewing and computing Posting on NASCAR forum while watching DAYTONA 500

The most exciting moment came right before the start of the race when I was logged onto my computer and I happened to see on my blog, the list of "Live Traffic" someone in Daytona Beach, Fl had logged onto MY blog....So, I excitedly raced over to where Grant was sitting waiting for the start of the race and said..."you won't believe this, but.." then I noticed the look on Grant's face which was a combo of concern and puzzlement. I asked him what the problem was and he as he was intently looking at the TV coverage of the Pre race activities he said "I haven't seen Earnhart, Jr. yet". To which I excidedly said "I KNOW...I am trying to tell you, HE IS READING MY BLOG!!".

Grant slowly tilted his head up to look at me with that WTH expression on his face and said
"WHAT?"

I said, "don't take my word for it...look at my blog!!"

Grant typed on his laptop (which was already on his lap with some NASCAR forum on the screen) and he logged onto my blog and I pointed out this .....which again...I now have photographic evidence for all you, my readers/fans.

The blog Readers

Grant exclaimed "OH $#*^!" (in a beautifully thick Australian accent)

I am really flattered that Earnhart, Jr was reading my blog yesterday, but I hope next time he will wait till AFTER the race. Since now Grant is blaming me and my blog for his finishing somewhere around the 9th or 10th place.

Meanwhile, with all the excitement I still managed to put together this flouncy vest for Jillian!!

Flouncy vest for Jilian.

And this Tunic Vest for ME!

Tunic Vest

No comments: